Saturday, October 1, 2011

Advertising on the Internet




For my Internet advertisement, I chose to discuss the ad for the popular brand of jeans called, Lucky Brand. According to this advertisement, Lucky Brand is America’s favorite and finest pair of jeans. We should all buy a pair today.
It can also noted that this advertisement definitely did not imply the conclusion of the ads promotion, as it tells us, “buy a pair,” “do it today,” which is different then other companies who often have unstated conclusions.
From my own personal experience, I can say that my two pairs of Lucky Brand jeans are my favorite, since they both look and feel like a fine quality pair. However, even though I categorize Lucky Brand jeans as my own personal favorite, I can easily reject this advertisement’s claim. The reason that I can reject this claim is because of my other experiences and observations that I have made in life. I know that not everyone believes that Lucky Brand jeans are America’s favorite and finest; if they were, wouldn’t everyone in American own a pair? They certainly don’t. People are wearing all different kinds of jeans that they believe offer them the most comfort and quality. In addition, Lucky Brand also may not be America’s favorite pair of jeans to purchase because they aren’t always cheap. America does not like expensive. So ultimately, we can reject the advertisements claim that we should buy America’s favorite and finest Lucky Brand blue jeans since its premises appear to be false based on my personal experience.


1 comment:

  1. I found it really interesting how you were unbiased with the claim. You saw both sides of it, even though Lucky is your favorite brand. I personally really like Lucky as well and do not know if I could have been as unbiased. I think you really did a great job with the analysis and they way you rejected the claim. It is true that not everyone could afford them and not everyone has a pair, therefore they are not America's favorite. Lucky just wants America to believe they are the favorite so they can appeal to the general public. I feel like you did a great job establishing that.

    ReplyDelete